[Samba] migrating from freebsd to linux - wbinfo mismatch

Joey Officer JOfficer at istreamfs.com
Thu Aug 6 16:05:54 MDT 2009

For testing sake, we did opt to copy the winbind cache files.  And once
we finalize the conversion, we can do the same thing.

When you say

"... each machine will hand them out to users independently of other
machines, in the order  in which they first hit the server."

Do you mean in the order that getend passwd and getend group lists the
users and groups available?

As a side note, another Linux box I use for testing appears to use the
same UID/GID as the new Linux file server (fs1 from earlier).

I'm not familiar with using RID ids, but Dale also mentioned this as a
solution.  I will spend some time reading up on RIDs tomorrow.

Thanks for the feed back.