[Samba] Problem after upgrade to 3.0.28a-1ubuntu4.8

Marcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Thu Aug 6 12:21:40 MDT 2009

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS to samba 3.0.28a-1ubuntu4.8.
Now I cannot run some apps (installed on network mapped drives) I used
to be able to run. My user is a domain admin. I don't even know how to
start debugging this problem. It happens with only some users but not
all, regardless of group membership or file permissions.

Translating from portuguese, the error means "Windows cannot access the
device, path or file specified. Maybe you don't have rights to access
the item". But I can copy, move, delete, write, etc with no problem.
Just can't run it.

Can any kind soul please help me?  This is urgent, sorry.

--
Marcio Merlone