[Samba] folder/users privileges

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Tue Aug 4 10:40:04 MDT 2009

I've found that you can not change the ugo permissions that are default on
Linux systems. You have to use extended ACLs and with Windows you can manage
those to your heart's content. Typically, what we do is set permissions that
will not ever be changed using the Linux ugo permissions, and then more
detailed ones we use extended ACLs. I have not found a way to manage the
Linux ugo permissions from Windows.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University