[Samba] Windows share permissions with Samba

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Aug 1 16:41:45 MDT 2009

David Christensen wrote:

>> I'm trying to use samba to backup my wife's laptop
>> on my CentOS server with BackupPC (and samba).
>
> You might have better luck on the BackupPC mailing list:

> I have Debian GNU/Linux machine and use Samba to share folders that are
> used by Windows clients on my small home LAN.  I create back up and
> archive images on the GNU/Linux machine from the shared disk to an
> external disk using rsync and tar/gzip, respectively.  Samba has nothing
> to do with these activities (the Windows clients are logged off when the
> back up and archive images are created).

I'll try there, but I am actually using samba rather than rsync
with my Windows client.
It works fine, except that it cannot access some folders
on the Windows machine:
2009-08-01 22:00:04 full backup started for share EA Games
2009-08-01 22:00:06 Got fatal error during xfer
	(NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \\*)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net