[Samba] Re: Samba does not change UNIX password after OpenLDAP server upgraded

John Du jjohndu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 23:23:22 GMT 2009

David Markey wrote:
> I would imagine that you'll need to re-jig your ACLs in slapd.conf,
>
> Please supply logs.

Thank you very much.

I can use /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-passwd to change both the Windows and
UNIX password.  If the problem is ACL related, wouldn't I have the same
problem with this tool?

When samba changes passwords, does the process run as root or as the
user making the passwords change?

Thanks again.