[Samba] Controlling network printer

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Apr 29 17:57:50 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 14:24 -0300, Túlio Henrique Alves dos Santos
wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I'm trying to install a network printer (HP 2600n) in my primary domain
> controller(samba+ldap), and control the printer, create a list of users able
> to print and deny the others, etc.
> I've been searching about in Internet, but didn't find anything good to
> learn.
> Somebody could tell me if is it possible and where can I find some good
> material to study and do this using samba?

Setup the printer in CUPS and it will automatically appear in Samba then
you just install the driver, via APW, right click the printer and edit
properties, etc...  Really should be the same as managing printers on a
Windows server.
OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @