[Samba] How to make fully working samba backup/migration?

Michal Dobroczynski michal.dobroczynski at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 19:51:13 GMT 2009

Hello,
I have never been migrating a working samba to another computer, but
we have been many times transferring data from host to host during
migrations and "rsync" was the best tool available. Take a look on the
option "-a, --archive               archive mode; equals -rlptgoD (no
The same "archive" mode you will find in cp and others. I do not
_know_ how ACLs are handled in this case, but I think it's an easy
thing to check.

Regards,
Michal