[Samba] Administrator can not see network shaes

MargoAndTodd margoandtodd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:25:49 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I am upgrading my Samba server to a PDC.  On my
test bed, I have a M$ Windows 2008 server (no *dc
anything).

This server can look at network shares with any
user, except the Administrator.  When I browse
a file share as administrator, Windows asks me
for my user name and password.  It reject all
users, user or administrator.  I have tested
by logging out as administrator and logging
back in as one of the rejected users (and it
woks perfectly).  Samba's logs are complete
quiet when the users are being rejected.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
-T

$ cat smbusers
# Unix_name = SMB_name1 SMB_name2 ...
# Escape names with spaces in them with quotes
root = administrator admin
nobody = guest pcguest smbguest