[Samba] error 1310 when installing to a Samba share

Gary Dale garydale at rogers.com
Tue Apr 21 10:45:02 GMT 2009

Michael Heydon wrote:

> Gary Dale wrote:
>> I'm trying to install some income tax software to a Samba (Debian
>> 3.2.5 i386) share and I'm getting the above error.
> Does it work correctly installing over the network to a windows host?
>
> *Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
> michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>

I don't have a Windows server to try it on. However, the package is
popular (mass market home income tax) and I doubt that I'm the only
person trying to install it to a network share. The problem is actually
with an update that it downloads from the web. It's needed for
electronic filing. The update is a month old so if there was a general
problem, it would hopefully be fixed by now.