Follow-up (solution): [Samba] set up for Active Directory

McGranahan, Jamen jamen.mcgranahan at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Apr 20 17:09:22 GMT 2009

Hello all -

Thank you for all the guidance. I wanted to let you all know we have had
success in getting our Sun Solaris 10 box connected to the Active
Directory. All tests pass now. Here is the final solution to the problem
I was having:

"Though the firewall might have been one of the issues, I was missing an
nss file. After finding this, all I had to do was create a soft link
from libnss_winbind.so.1 to nss_winbind.so.1. After restarting winbind,
I was able to successfully use getent."

Jamen McGranahan
Systems Services Librarian
Vanderbilt University