[Samba] Question about how to reduce samba 3.3.3 install size or why it has been increased dramatically from 3.0.34 to 3.3.3

votdev at gmx.de votdev at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 01:06:36 GMT 2009

Hello,

can anyone give me some tips why the file size of various samba
executables has been increased dramatically from 3.0.34 to 3.3.3 (e.g.
smbd  3.5MB -> ~7MB) The reason is that it is necessary for our project
to keep the size as small as possible. You can have a look into the
makefile here:
http://freenas.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/freenas/experimental/samba3/Makefile?revision=4553&view=markup

Any tip would be great. Maybe i did not realize a magic configure switch???

Thanks && Regards
Volker