[Samba] Samba Print Server problem

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri Apr 17 19:10:31 GMT 2009

I have CentOS 5 machine with Samba sharing 5 cups printers.
The two Canon iR's have no issues, I used the rpcclient method
to add print drivers and this works flawlessly. However, the HP
2430N's that I setup work fine as raw cups printers, and I added
the drivers the exact same way but when a windows client connects
they are promoted for drivers (and they want the compressed files
as well, *.dl_ which were never added??) and more often than not
a client's explorer will crash if they access those printers?

The HP drivers come as an install program and cab files, where as
most others are simply dll's etc.

Any ideas how to remedy this?

Thanks!
jlc