[Samba] Samba 3.0.28 not enforcing password expiration

Robin Polak robin.polak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:33:25 GMT 2009

I'm having trouble with Samba 3.0.28 not enforcing password expiration when
it worked perfectly on 3.0.10.  If I roll the system back to the previous
version all is well again.  I get an error "valid account policy, but unable
to fetch value!" when I execute the command "pdbedit -P "maximum password
age".  And I can see that the file account_policy.tdb will be updated on
3.0.10 and not on 3.0.28.  I am running RHEL4 AS patched as of today.  I
would really appreciate any input I could get from the community.  Thank
You!!

--
Robin Polak
E-Mail: robin.polak at gmail.com