[Samba] Solaris_build

McGranahan, Jamen jamen.mcgranahan at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Apr 7 20:43:12 GMT 2009

OK, I started from scratch and downloaded Samba directly from samba.org,
grabbing the latest - 3.3.3. This seems to have configured, make, and
make installed correctly, or so I thought. However, when I try to start
samba, I get the following:

# smbd start
ld.so.1: smbd: fatal: libtalloc.so: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed
# nmbd start
ld.so.1: nmbd: fatal: libtalloc.so: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

ld.so.1 does exist in several directories:
/usr/lib/ld.so.1
/usr/lib/sparcv9/ld.so.1
/usr/local/lib/ld.so.1
/etc/lib/ld.so.1
/lib/sparcv9/ld.so.1
/lib/ld.so.1

And these directories are in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So now what? Gee, my
head hurts...

Jamen McGranahan
Systems Services Librarian
Vanderbilt University