[Samba] Problem with nmbd

bucketbot bucketbot at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 06:34:23 GMT 2009

 My Samba installation seems to work fine, except for the NetBIOS names part. When I use nmblookup, it appears to be using the wrong broadcast address and the log file for nmbd has constant 'Packet send failed, Host is down' messages. If I use nmblookup and force the broadcast address with -B, it seems to work.

 The docs seem to say you can specify a broadcast address in smb.conf, but I can't find information on the format needed. From what I can gather, the query needs to go to 10.0.0.0 and not 10.0.0.255 (as it is currently trying).

 How can I set that?

 Thanks.