[Samba] Security ADS and clearcase

Schreiber, Martin martin.a.schreiber at siemens.com
Mon Apr 6 07:23:48 GMT 2009

Hello @List,

We have a pretty complex problem;

In our company AD is the one and only directory service, all other "clients" need to follow the given settings and guidelines. We are connected via security ADS , but every patch session on the PDC `s is a nightmare , does it still work or not. So we think about alternatives to the existent situation, pls note , we do not have any influence on AD settings. Only security ads is allowed , due to security guidelines from HQ.
Now my question, is there a way to bypass this situation, we thought about an ldap gateway, or install an "standalone" PDC in a dummy domain ,which sources the AD for passwd and group settings , because we need a seamless mounting of samba shares in order to provide our clearcase vobs to the XP clients.

Maybe someone is in a similar situation and can shre his (here) knowledge to the community.

Thanks in advance    Martin  Schreiber

      Martin Schreiber

      Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH

      Gudrunstrasse 11
      A-1101 Wien
           Tel: +43(0)51707 47565
      Fax: +43(0) 51707 57560

      martin.a.schreiber at siemens.com
      http://www.siemens.at/it-solutions

Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH, DVR 1009192, FN 180547k, Handelsgericht Wien, Firmensitz Wien

Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation