[Samba] Hostname or alias question

Avron Gray agray at aeso.ca
Fri Apr 3 16:01:07 GMT 2009

Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding. While I have tried changes to the netbios flags
before, I have run the following combinations again - just in case I'd
missed something before:
1. netbios aliases = webservice \ netbios name    = snswiki
2. netbios aliases = webservice \ netbios name    = webservice
3. netbios aliases = webservice

Each combination results in a "trust relationship between the
workstation and the primary domain have failed" error.

Only connecting with the host's actual name results in an authenticated
connection.

I suspect that this may be possible by mucking about with
ActiveDirectory...

- Avron