[Samba] is it possible to share files with windows 2003 r2 ad ?

Matthias Grimm eisofen at eisofen.de
Fri Apr 3 05:19:36 GMT 2009

Victor Ophof schrieb:
> Hi
>

> is it possible to make samba 3.3.2 function as a member server (fileserver)
>
> in a windows 2003 r2 Active directory enviroment ?
I'm testing this case atm, authentication against AD, fileservices
(logon script, homedir and profiles) are on samba w/o problems and seems
faster than W2K3....

> I am using
>
> freebsd 6.3
Samba was slower than on Linux in my tests last year with FBSD, but that
maybe changed in 7.x

> Samba is joined to the domain, I am getting stuck at the point to "logon" to shares.
>

> WB info displays the needed info only I am lost how to get the getent group/passwd to work
>
> it keeps raining spegno error's in the log
Did you made the required changes to /etc/nsswitch.conf?

Cheers

Matthias