[Samba] OSX client, Linux server, permissions problem

Brian Gregorcy brian.gregorcy at utah.edu
Tue Sep 30 22:50:45 GMT 2008

> My first reaction to this is that the resource files aren't getting
> created or the user no longer has permissions...but I'm still learning.
>
> So either way you set 'unix extensions' it causes one or the other
> problem?  Can you please clarify?

Yes that is what is happening.  If I set

unix extensions = off

One of my macs can't access anything on a share, we can see the icons but when you click on the file it disappears (via
finder)

If I comment out the above line a different mac when writing to the users home directory that has a public_html folder
that our webserver can read, sets the file permissions to 700

--Brian