[Samba] vfs_recycle directory_mode and recycle docs

Marcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Tue Sep 30 18:03:51 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I have a share with the following conf:

   vfs objects = recycle
    mode = KEEP_DIRECTORIES|VERSIONS|TOUCH
    # config-file = /etc/samba/recycle.conf
    recycle:exclude =
*.tmp|*.temp|*.o|*.obj|~$*|*.~??|*.log|*.trace|*.mp3|*.MP3|*.wma|*.WMA
    recycle:excludedir = /tmp|/temp|/cache
    recycle:directory_mode = 0777
    recycle:keeptree = yes

Some confs I got from the official samba docs at:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba3-HOWTO/VFS.html#id2644353

Others I got from forums around the internet, like the 'mode' and
commented 'config-file' above. One question and one problem:

1. The question: I could not find documentation for 'mode' or
'config-file' neither for recycle nor vfs. Where can I find it? The
above url has none.

2. The problem: when a user deletes a file from some folder, I get this
folder created on .recycle with permissions 0700, no matter the
recycle:directory_mode = 0777 config above. This forbids the next user
who tries to delete a file from the same folder. How can I make the
recycle create the tree with 0777 permission?

Best regards and sorry if this has already been discussed before. Thanks
for any hint, docs, whatever.

--
Marcio Merlone