[Samba] printer unusable

Matthias matroe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 08:24:05 GMT 2008

OS: SLES9
Samba: 3.0.28-0.4.3
Cups: 1.1.23-40.44
Client: Windows XP Pro SP2 (+latest Updates), German version, so some
translations maybe not correct ;-)

Hi @all,
a couple of month ago I installed few printers including point'n'click
drivers for the windows clients.

Since last week the printers HP LaserJet 1150 and 1160 making
problems. If I try to print a test page from the client printers
properties dialog I receive the message "Unable to print. Do you like
to see the print problem solving dialog?". The windows event log and
the log on the server (cups, smb, messages, ...) are clean.

I tried to reinstall the drivers and printers on the server as well as
on the client, but with no success.

Does someone knows how this could happen and, of cause, how to solve this issue?

Kind Regards
Matthias