[Samba] Which security to use? Domain or ADS?

Poitras François-Joseph fjpoitras at mea.ca
Wed Sep 24 19:50:03 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've got a working scenario of samba in "server" security.  I need to replace the server used to authenticate so I'd like to use the momentum and switch the security method to something better (domain or ads).  I want to avoid having my SAMBA server join my (Active Directory) domain if at all possible.  Am I asking the impossible?  Can someone recommend the best or most appropriate method to use?  I've tried the domain security without success so far.  I've also looked at the ADS security but the doc I'm seeing includes joining my server in the domain for it to work...

Thanks!

FJ