[Samba] dabase file and oplocks

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Wed Sep 24 14:41:08 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 Luca Ferrari's cat, walking on the keyboard,
wrote:
> I've tried to use the options sync always and strict sync, but nothing
> changed. I compiled the 3.2.4 on the linux client machine and mounted the
> exported file system using cifs, but nothing changed. Still the data on the
> server is corrupted, as the program cannot get the lock on the files.
> I've also tried to swtich on and off the oplocks, without any difference.
> In the previous versions of samba (3.0.2) it worked, so I don't understand
> what could be the different configuration. Anyone has an idea?

I also discovered that the Dataflex is writing the indexes but not the data
related to the archive. In the samba logs I don't see anything strange: I've
got a connection to the share from the user and a close connection.

Anything I can search for?

Luca