[Samba] 3.0.28a problems with trusted domains

Aleksander Gudalo gudaloal at cms.hu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 24 08:42:14 GMT 2008

Hello *,

I have a problem with Samba 3.0.28a on Ubuntu with trusted domains. My
setup works with 3.0.26 on another system with the same configuration.

Users from trusted domains will not been shown with "wbinfo -u". Same
happens with groups. So I cant connect them.

"wbinfo --sequence" display my trusted domains as "DISCONNECTED" and
"wbinfo -D ..." displays the status "Active Directory : No".

In the logfile I found a this:
[2008/09/24 10:40:39, 10]
nsswitch/winbindd_cache.c:refresh_sequence_number(465)
   refresh_sequence_number: TEST time ok
[2008/09/24 10:40:39, 10]
nsswitch/winbindd_cache.c:refresh_sequence_number(499)
   refresh_sequence_number: TEST seq number is now -1

Regards Aleksander