[Samba] remote samba connection

Bahadir Tonguc / Supramar bahadir at supramar.com.tr
Mon Sep 22 19:09:27 GMT 2008

dear friends,

I have just installed Samba on my Ubuntu machine in the office and could successfully connect from WinXP within the office network.

As you might have guessed, Vista computers all failed to connect to Samba. The problem or the question is; would it still be possible for me to access the shared folder on the Ubuntu machine from my XP laptop from home ???

Ubuntu pc has static IP however when I try to connect using "start > run > \\xxx.yyy.zzz.aa\" it failed to connect. Is there a way to connect from home to office?

Thanks for all your assistance

Regards
Bahadir Tonguc