[Samba] Samba with 2 NICs

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Sat Sep 20 14:56:56 GMT 2008

On Friday 19 September 2008 08:35:58 am hamacker wrote:
> I did that.
> I test, and everything is OK.
> It's not misconfiguration.
>
> When 2 NICs bonded (or 2 NICs only enabled), WinXP can logon into
> domain and win95/98 can not. If I disable one NIC then any OS can
> logon into domain.

From your first post:

>    #interfaces = 192.168.1.2/24 192.168.1.3 127.
>    interfaces = eth0 eth1

It looks like you have 2 nic's on the same subnet but not bonded or you would
not have 2 different IP addresses and the interface would be called bond0.
This scenario - 2 nics on the same subnet, AFAIK, will generally not work.

Once you bond them there will only be one IP address for the bonded interface
bond0. You will need to pick a proper bonding mode for your needs and switch
configuration (see bonding.txt in your kernel source documentation).

Also try:

smb ports = 139

in the global section of your smb.conf file.

Chris