[Samba] joining samba server to Active Directory for

Gregory Machin gdm at linuxpro.co.za
Fri Sep 19 05:50:07 GMT 2008

Hi
I'm trying to get my samba file server to authenticate against my
windows 2008 active directory server , so that there is a unified log
in and if anyone logs onto the box the they are authenticated against
the a server and there account is created.

I'm battling to get my samba server server to join the domain .. I can
get any further than this

[root at technical-vmlab ~]# kinit administrator at TECHCONCEPTS.CO.ZA
Password for administrator at TECHCONCEPTS.CO.ZA:
[root at technical-vmlab ~]# net ads join -U administrator
administrator's password:
[2008/09/19 07:46:37, 0] libsmb/smb_signing.c:signing_good(253)
  signing_good: BAD SIG: seq 1
Failed to join domain: Logon failure
[root at technical-vmlab ~]#

I know it's not the wrong password because I get a totoaly different
error If I deliberately put in the wrong password.

What have I missed ?

Thanks