[Samba] Migrating from Samba PDC to Windows Server 2003?

Alex Strasheim alex at strasheim.org
Thu Sep 18 21:30:46 GMT 2008

Is it possible migrate a domain from a Samba PDC to Active Directory
using Windows Server 2003?

Is it possible add a Windows server to the domain, make it a domain
controller, have it sync up with Samba, and then turn the Samba PDC
off?  If it's possible, does it tend to work in the real world, or
does it cause problems?

(We're getting pushed this way by larger, non-Samba related issues --
I have to get AD set up.  I'm hoping there's an easy way to do it, but
I'm not too optimistic.)

Thanks for reading this...