[Samba] Problems during "make install"

Gason Gregor gregor at nosc.mil
Thu Sep 18 18:48:54 GMT 2008

Hello,

                During my compilation and installation (specificly the make
install portion) while trying to create compile I receive an error on every
file that reads as follows:

Compiling filename

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 232: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2137483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 235: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2137483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 238: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2137483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/srvsvc.h", line 242: warning" enumerator value overflows
INT_MAX (2137483647)

"./librpc/gen_ndr/wksscv.h", line 10: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/samr.h", line 633: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/nbt.h", line 496: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/netlogon.h", line 204: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/netlogon.h", line 206: warning useless declaration

"./librpc/gen_ndr/libnet_join.h", line 10: warning useless declaration

This repeats for every file that is installed.  I am using a Solaris 10
Sparc system with the latest 3.2.4 version of Samba.  I use SunStudio as my
C compiler.  I am unaware of how to solve this issue and any help/guidance
would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize in advance if this group is not where this kind of
troubleshooting is done.  I am new to Samba and unaware of where to search
for help for this topic.

Thank you,

Gason Gregor