[Samba] Samba with 2 NICs

hamacker sirhamacker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:17:32 GMT 2008

Hi everybody.

I upgrade samba2 to samba3 in last month, I installed version  3.0.28a-1ubuntu4.

But I have one big problem, I have two NICs that I use to
balance/redundant (timming) that can not be enabled two simultaneos,
if I do then win95 and win98 can not logon to network/domain.

If  I disabled one NIC then win95/win98 can logon normally, if enable
two NICs then only Windows XP can logon.

I try to put in smb.conf :

   #interfaces = 192.168.1.2/24 192.168.1.3 127.
   interfaces = eth0 eth1

But the same problem ocours.

If I enabled two NICs, only WinXP can logon.
If I enabled only one NIC, WinXP and Win95/98 can logon.

Please, I need two NICs and WinXP/Win95/Win98 logon in my network/domain.

Any help will be welcome ?