[Samba] Re: samaba winwind

Andreas Ladanyi knuffiandy at web.de
Tue Sep 16 21:00:55 GMT 2008

> I'm not a Samba developer but in the latest releases of the 3.0.x tree
> you can use the idmap backend of "nss" to get the old behavior of
> mapping the Windows account name to the same account name in Unix.

mmm for "idmap backend" the man smb.conf say:

idmap_tdb (default)
idmap_ldap
idmap_rid
idmap_tdb

and not documented in this lines

idmap_ad

I think what you mean is the  "winbind nss info" parameter, which is
used to get nss info like "home dir" and "login shell" for unix users
from active directory with existing windows user/group (called mapping).

I read the possible values:

template
sfu

and not documented on this lines