[Samba] call_nt_transact_ioctl(0x9005c)

Brian H. Nelson bnelson at cis.ysu.edu
Mon Sep 15 16:14:11 GMT 2008

I'm seeing these errors every couple minutes from my Samba server
(3.0.28... RHEL5 build).

[2008/09/15 11:59:44, 0] smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(2463)
  call_nt_transact_ioctl(0x9005c): Currently not implemented.

I realize what 'currently not implemented' means, and since no users
have complained, I assume the message is ignorable.

I was wondering however, if anyone can enlighten me as to what ioctl
0x9005c is/does, and what windows processes/etc might try to use it.
Perhaps it's something that I can turn off or re-configure on the client
machines.

Thanks!
-Brian