[Samba] SAMBA and AIX. Reconnect from W2k3 Terminal Server

pete burns pete.burns at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 00:40:17 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm new to this so I may have missed some obvious stuff, but I need a little
help on this one.  I have a Samba installation (samba 3.0.28) on an AIX 5.2
environment and I am having problems with reconnecting to shares on the AIX
server from a W2K3 R2 SP2 Terminal Server.   I log in as the domain
administrator on the terminal server, map a drive from the terminal server
to the share,  check it to reconnect at login and it never reconnects at
login.  The drive shows up as a disconnected network drive, and in order for
it to connect again I have to "disconnect" it and go through mapped drive
process again. I have tried reconnecting other drives across the network
(not samba), and they seem to work fine.   The samba user is a local user on
the AIX system.   From what I read, the AIX samba user didn't have to be a
domain user, it just needed to be a local user and setup in the smbpasswd
file.

Any troubleshooting tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pete