[Samba] Re: winbind configuration

Andreas Ladanyi knuffiandy at web.de
Sat Sep 13 18:23:41 GMT 2008

Hi,

ok, now i understand your issue.

Please have a look at your first thread in this newsgroup, Michael Adam
sent you a nice suggestion.

The reason is:

The SID->UID/GID mapping will be randomized by default. So you need a
mechanism to hold the uid/gid mapping equal !

I think the first suggestion is nice for new uder/group setups, because
i think the RID (from SID) on windows site is randomized by windows when
the user/group is created in Active Directory and this RID is not
changeable by hand ?!

The second suggestion is better for an existing user/group environment,
because with SFU or the RFC2307 schemata extension you could add the
uids/gids by yourself and built a setup with the existing ids from
/etc/passwd and /etc/group or NIS.

I wish you the very best ;-)

Andreas Ladanyi