[Samba] Inexistant file displayed by samba

François Legal devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Wed Sep 10 14:46:38 GMT 2008

I took some time to check the files in that share, and I finally found a
thumbs.db:encryptable file.
I guess this is a thumbnail cache file generated by Windows clients, but
what is this :encryptable part in the file name ?

After google through, it appears that this would be an alternate data
stream. Do I need this if I serve files only for non-macos clients ?
Can I disable this feature then ?

Thanks.

François