[Samba] Terminal Server login with Samba & OpenLDAP as PDC fails

Jens Edler JEdler at eltromat.de
Tue Sep 9 13:01:25 GMT 2008

Hi everybody,

I've set up a samba (version 3.0.28a) PDC with OpenLDAP on Ubuntu 8.04 server. I can create user- and machine-accounts and join the domain, I can log in on any XP-client, so everything works fine except for one point:

I joined an W2k3-Enterprise server to the domain. It is supposed to be our new terminal server. I can log in to the server with any domain user account if I'm using the keyboard an monitor directly attached to the server. But when I try to log in via rdp I get an error message stating that "the specified domain could not be contacted or does not exist".

Has anybody had this error an can give me a hint how to fix this problem.

Best regards,

Jens