[Samba] open_fake_file_shared: access_denied

Petr Kopecky kejpi at centrum.cz
Thu Sep 4 18:51:09 GMT 2008

Hi there,

I have found following messages in log:

open_fake_file_shared: access_denied to service[SERVICE_NAME]
file[$Extend/$Quota:$Q:$INDEX_ALLOCATION] user[USER_NAME]

The messages appears in some computers' logs for more then just one user. It
looks like computer dependent not user dependent.

I don't know what exactly this message means and I don't understand where is
the problem.

Could you please help me. I was tryuing to find a solution on Google but
without any success. I am using samba 3.0.28a on Gentoo linux.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Petr

--
Ing. Petr Kopecky
E-mail: kejpi at centrum.cz

OpenDocument is now international standard ISO/IEC 26300. Use OpenOffice!
It's free for everyone :-)

http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.openoffice.cz