[Samba] Re: net ads join failed

Thomas Vito shoktai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 14:54:51 GMT 2008

Apparently something is wrong with my hosts file. I have changed it and now
get a much better result:
[root at amsdev-dv10 ~]# net ads join -U apacci at EU.ACME.COM
apacci at EU.ACME.COM's password:
Using short domain name -- ACME
DNS update failed!
Joined 'AMSDEV-DV10' to realm 'EU.ACME.COM'

What the dns update failed means?