[Samba] Block Streaming Video

Colin Williams swaungcenter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:13:06 GMT 2008

Hi All,

We have a fileserver set up with Fedora 9 and Samba 3.2.0-17.fc9.
Among other things on this server are numerous video files, which we
are fine with sharing to the rest of the network via copy-and-run, but
not directly streaming.  Is there any way using Samba to detect
whether a copy is actually copying the file or just directly opening
it?  We don't need something exact, so if there's some feature of
streaming such as a very low transfer rate or a specific packet or
something, that'd work fine.

Thanks in advance for any help,
--Colin