[Samba] Unable to Join Domain

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Tue Sep 2 11:14:55 GMT 2008

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008, Greg Koch might have said:

> I recently setup a new server with CentOS 5.2.  Everything works great on
> the server except when I try to join the domain it simply tells me:
>
>     "The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "Domain":
>
>     The user name could not be found.

I have configured my samba box as a wins server and placed tht IP
address in the wins configuration dialog on the windows box I'm
joining to my samba PDC. (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Network
Connections->right-click on active network connection and choose
properties->double-click in TCP/IP (at the bottom)->Advanced->WINS tab).

Mike