[Samba] mac os 10.5.5 and symbolic link to www

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Thu Oct 30 17:01:20 GMT 2008

The old server that allows the Mac to use the symbolic link to the /var/www directory does not have the "unix extensions = no" in its smb.conf file, thus I must assume it is using the default "yes" setting as well.

Any idea as to how the old server is letting the Mac use the symbolic link, with the "unix extensions = yes" setting?
Why do other symbolic links work on the Mac that is connecting to the new server that cannot follow the www symbolic link?