[Samba] Issues with Samba, LDAP and file shares

Matthew Delves matt.delves at itdepartment.com.au
Sun Oct 26 02:51:30 GMT 2008

Greeting all.

I'm having some issues getting access to the shares that I've setup
under samba.

Going through the log files I've come across this line which indicates
what the error is.

'/shares/data' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to
[data] Error was Permission denied

Though when I examine the information relating to the permissions on
the share I get:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root Domain Users 0 Oct 23 12:41 data

As far as the configuration within smb.conf it is:

[data]
comment = data
path = /shares/data
public = yes
writable = yes
printable = no
browseable = yes

If it helps, I'm seeing this same error message for all of the shares
I've got setup. It just so happens that the data one is the one that
I'm using in this example.

If anyone could please help me out as to what the problem is with this
it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew Delves