[Samba] Re: Interdomain trust between Samba and W2003 ADS in native mode

Ryan Bair ryandbair at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 13:10:05 GMT 2008

Samba3 cannot act as an AD domain controller and therefore cannot
operate in a trust with a native mode AD domain. Samba4 will be able
to do this but it is still under heavy development.

If you put your AD domain in mixed mode, you should be able to create
the trust although I'm not sure if you can convert a native to mixed
mode or not...