[Samba] Strange! "No such file" error on smbfs.

Fido Buitres fidobuitres at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 20:59:11 GMT 2008

Hi all

I'm experimenting some very strange problem when i mount i share.

After mount i can:
 read files, copy, create new files, move files.

But i can't:
 Edit files with vim/nano and many other editors :P, when i try to save changes is says: (No Such file or directory)!!! o_O

Also i can create files, with content or not.. but i cant edit that files after save it :/.

Important point: *the server setup seems to be ok, since from other work-station all works. (they can edit files)*

How i mount it:
smbmount //192.168.1.100/public_html public_html/ -o username=daniel,password=*********

mtab:
//192.168.1.100/public_html on /home/daniel/public_html type cifs (rw,mand,nosuid,nodev,user=daniel)

Mountpoint after mount:
drwxrwxr-x 6 daniel daniel    0 2008-10-24 14:23 public_html

A file i can't edit created on server:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 daniel daniel 11 2008-10-24 18:24 FILE_FROM_SERVER.txt

A file that i can't edit created from my workstation after mount and i can't edit later:
-rwxrw-r-- 1 daniel daniel 36 2008-10-24 18:29 NEW_FILE.txt

-------

And another strange thing is that i can do:
echo "blah blah"> ANOTHER_FILE.txt
echo "blah blah">> ANOTHER_FILE.txt
echo "blah blah">> ANOTHER_FILE.txt

And that's works, it appends blah blah all the times... but if i:

$ nano ANOTHER_FILE.txt

When i try so save the changes:

(No Such file or directory)

I hope someone can understad my problem :/.. i'm tried everything with no success... any idea? :D

Thanks,