[Samba] 18179: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Fri Oct 24 16:04:21 GMT 2008

On a RHEL4u4 machine...

[root at rincon mnt]# mount -t smbfs -o username=qamount,password=m0unt1\!
//10.4.0.15/Builds /mnt/builds/
18179: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

10.4.0.15 is a W2K3 R2 file server.

Yes, I know this isn't a Samba question, but Google turns up absolutely
nothing, and I figure Samba people are far more likely to have some idea
than anyone else I could ask.  I can't see Microsoft worrying about this
too much... ;-)