[Samba] SAMBA: how do I tell SAMBA to not prompt for id/passwords when connecting from windows (vista)

joseph collins joec_49 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 14:01:29 GMT 2008

I have a linux box on my home network and it also has xp and win viata on the same network.
It is all friendly - how do I drop the need for Id/pw (if I can't, how do I set the id/pw
so what I type in win vista gets passed to samba cleanly and thus I get in. I have tried
many things in smb.conf and cannot figure it out
TIA,

Joe