[Samba] Multiple domains on the same subnet

Clifford W. Hansen clifford at nighthawk.co.za
Wed Oct 22 09:50:18 GMT 2008

I have asked Uncle Google to no avail, probibly asking the wrong question.

We are wanting to migrate from an Active Directory to a Samba Domain, I have
setup the samba domain and it seems to be working (from the local machine).

But this domain cannot be seen from any of the windows boxen. Is there
something I need to do to get the windows boxen to see this domain?

The AD Domain is EXAMPLE / example.local.uk

<smb.conf>
[global]
## Browsing/Identification ###
   workgroup = TESTEXAMPLE
   server string = %h server
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
#### Networking ####
   interfaces = eth0
   bind interfaces only = true
#### Debugging/Accounting ####
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
####### Authentication #######
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = true
   passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost/

   ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=example,dc=lan
   ldap suffix = dc=example, dc=lan
   ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
   ldap user suffix = ou=Users
   ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
   ldap idmap suffix = ou=Users

   ldap passwd sync = Yes
   ldap delete dn = Yes

   add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
   delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
   add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
   delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
   delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
   set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"

   obey pam restrictions = no
   passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
*all*authentication*tokens*updated*

########## Domains ###########
   domain logons = yes
   logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
   logon drive = H:
   logon home = \\%L\%U
   logon script = logon.bat
########## Printing ##########
   load printers = yes
   printing = cups
   printcap name = cups
############ Misc ############
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   domain master = yes
###### Share Definitions #####
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   create mask = 0700
   directory mask = 0700
   valid users = %S
[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/samba/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no
[profiles]
   comment = Users profiles
   path = /home/samba/profiles
   read only = no
   guest ok = no
   browseable = no
   create mask = 0600
   directory mask = 0700
   hide files = /.*/desktop.ini/NTUSER.*/outlook*.lnk/*Briefcase*/Thumbs.db/
   root preexec = /usr/local/bin/samba-mkprofiledir "%U" "%G"
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   path = /var/spool/samba
   printable = yes
   public = no
   writable = no
   create mode = 0700
[print$]
   comment = Printer Drivers
   path = /var/lib/samba/printers
   browseable = yes
   read only = yes
   guest ok = no
</smb.conf>

I have also tried this with two samba domains (in a VM enviroment) and windows
only see's the first domain that it was attached to.

What am I doing wrong...
--
Thank you,

Clifford W. Hansen