[Samba] Windows not being able to see all samba groups

Gustavo Lima gustavopml at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 20:58:08 GMT 2008

Hi there,

I´m working on a samba server 3.0.24 based on openldap 2.3.30, instaled onde
Debian Etch 64 fully updated.

This installation have been working fine about 2 years and lately I´m trying
to find some groups on my Windows file server and it doesn´t find them.

Some groups show up others don´t.

Since I can list all my groups using smbldap-groupshow or with getent group
I believe it´s not exactly an ldap issue.

When looking for some debug information on ldap logs I don´t see any errors.
The groups are retrieved fine from ldap.

Samba doesn´t show any errors too.

Any idea about what could be happening?

Thank´s in advance.

Gustavo