[Samba] Multiple IP addresses in DNS record

Jarrod Hyder jhyder79 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:34:53 GMT 2008

I have a samba server running on Linux that has two ethernet cards (eth0 &
eth1) that are bonded into a single virtual interface (bond0). This virtual
interface is connected to the corporate LAN and I have another ethernet card
(eth2) that is connected to another server that is used for making
incremental backups. The problem that I am having is that no matter what I
do, the command "net ads dns register -P' causes both the bond0 and eth2 IP
addresses to show up in the DNS record on the corporate domain controller.

I have tried to force samba and winbind to use "interface = bond0" and
"bind interfaces only = yes" and it doesn't seem to help this situation.

If anyone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong, I would really
appreciate it.

BTW, I am using samba 3.0.28a

--
Jarrod Hyder