[Samba] Re: Vista Samba 4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 20 04:08:44 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 15:14 +0200, mustafa evelioglu wrote:
> three simple question.
>
> 1) It is possible to migrate Vista in NT-Samba with NTLMv2?

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question:  What are you migrating?

Samba fully supports NTLMv2 in all Samba3 and Samba4 version.

> 2) Does Vista join in Samba4 AD Domain. Especially can Vista-Client gets
> Keberos TGT and PAC from Samba4-KDC?

Yes, Samba4 supports Vista as a domain member, and the PAC etc work
correctly.  Use the current GIT tree for best support.

> 3) When Samba4 is configured with an TDB-Backend. Does LDB-API provide
> LDAP services for Linux. Especially libnss.so services ?

The aim at this stage is for Linux clients to run winbind (from Samba3
or Samb4, but the Samba4 winbind is not yet complete) against Samba4
domains.

I'll shortly begin working on the issues preventing Samba3's winbind
from fully operating in Samba4 domains.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett